Thursday, April 19, 2012

Mount Royal




   Last weekend, Nick and I went to Frisco with friends. We stayed in a gorgeous house and truly lived a luxurious mountain lifestyle. On Saturday, we woke up early and got in a short hike before the snow started. The trailhead for Mount Royal was only about a mile away. The trail is short but very steep the entire way. We covered about 1400ft gain in about 1.4mi. The elevation difference really made it difficult. It gave me a slight headache and made me feel a little light headed. This hike was truly a wake up call, as I intend to start climbing 14ers soon. I did not feel in as good of condition as I had hoped. The strenuous hike was well worth it for the beautiful view at the top, including a view of Quandary, Grays, and Torreys, all 14ers I hope to climb this Summer. Also, we had our friend's Bernese Mountain Dog, Brooks, along with us. He was a natural.





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?