Saturday, April 2, 2011

Nick's Birthday


       The night before Nick's birthday, I decorated our apartment with streamers. Nick claims he does not like to make a big deal of his birthday, but I know that is code for "please, make a big deal of my birthday". He was really happy when he arrived home to the surprise. That night we went out to Cervantes to see a band called The Werks. They are friends of his from Dayton, OH, where he went to college. They even gave him a special birthday 'shout-out' on stage after midnight when his birthday officially began.

 
      The next day, we both had the day off. I made us breakfast. Bacon, cheddar, mozzarella, and muenster cheese omelets. They were very delicious.  



     After breakfast, we decided to go for a short walk outdoors. We went to Red Rocks Park and explored around for awhile. The weather was sunny and warm. Despite all the tourists, we had a really nice time. It was great to get outdoors and relax a bit.


     After taking a short cat-nap, I made us dinner. I had never tried this recipe before, but it turned out great. We had spinach, ricotta, mozzarella, and asiago stuffed chicken, over linguine, topped with more mozzarella, asiago, and marinara. It was definitely a hit, and I will definitely be making it again.


     For dessert, I made my famous coconut cake, which has coconut and walnuts in the cake, coconut cream cheese frosting, and roasted coconut sprinkled on top. Again, I surprised Nick by adding the candles. Overall, he had a great birthday, and I might've enjoyed it a little too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?