Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Denver and the 'New's

 
     About 2 weeks ago, I moved to Denver. Residing with the parental units for now, I'm becoming reacquainted with the city I've always been, well, acquainted with. Living in a new place is very refreshing. Also, somewhat terrifying coming from my homogeneously white bubble-town, where everyone drives 10 mph under the speed limit. However, the promise of removing myself from this bubble was what I most longed for. In Denver, there is no lack of new restaurants, new bars, new trails, new museums, new theaters, new parks, and so on. "New" is a term I long ago abandoned in Fort Collins.
     Perhaps, the most important is my new school. I was accepted to the Art Institute officially last week. I will be studying Visual FX and Motion Graphix starting July 12th. Luckily, all my credits from CSU transferred, so the only class I must take outside of my core curriculum is Spanish. I should be able to dive right in. I will be taking classes such as fundamentals of drawing and design, color theory, computer applications, for starters.
    Today, I took Buddy with me for a new hike up Mt Falcon. Little did I know before embarking that it neighbors my favorite venue in the whole world. I will be there for July 3rd seeing The Wailers, Galactic, and Umphrey's McGee. Ahh, finally it feels summer is here in my new city and new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?